So 2012 started with achievable objectives:
- Learn to crochet before the end of the year - I may have been knitting since I was 6 years old but believe it or not I've never picked up a crochet hook.
- Read the 3 Stieg Larson books from the Millennium Series and finally see what everyone else is talking about - are they really as good as everyone says?
- Run a half marathon in under 2 hours and a 10k in less than 52 minutes - I love running though I'm not a natural born runner. I came to the sport late in life, my first 10k race was in 2009 at the grand old age of 38, but I got the bug and have been running ever since, in that time I've raced in countless 5ks, 10ks, 15ks and five half marathons. So this year was the year to set achievable but challenging targets for myself.
Progress is as follows
- Crochet Book and Hooks bought - not actually done any hooking yet though.
- First Stieg Larson Book started (thanks to the Postie who ordered the book for me) and 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' is proving to be a page turning read, 80 pages in.
- Can't believe how well I'm doing with the third goal! Ran a half marathon at the end of January, an atrocious day weather wise, strong winds made a PB (Personal Best) look out of the question so I started the race with no expectations and amazingly crossed the finish line in 1:59:50 - a whole ten seconds under 2 hours - Whoa ! Just the 10k to aim for now but that's going to be a hard one to crack, 10ks are a much faster shorter race which for me is a higher mountain to climb.
Goodbye for nowFleur