Thursday, 23 February 2012

007: Knitty Knatty Tales : Spring Basket Cardigan

This morning the sun is streaming through my french doors and combined with the daffodils on my kitchen window sill and the barmy temperatures outside I have to say it feels like SPRING!!

So I think this morning is the perfect time to show you the little baby cardigan I have been knitting this week.  You may remember that I showed you the cream Patons Cotton yarn last week ... and hey presto here's the finished item:

I call it my Spring Basket Cardigan. It's the perfect weight and design for spring, it has a jacket style shaping with a cosy collar ....for as we know Spring days can still be chilly.

It uses a simple block pattern of alternating knit and purl which is worked throughout except for the cuffs, collar, button band and edging which are worked in moss stitch.  The block pattern reminds me of a basket which gave me the idea of embroidering the small flowers on the edges of the bodice, sleeves and collar.
 
Here are a few more photos:


I have been asked to knit the same pattern but with just a band of blocks at the bodice and sleeve edges and the rest in stocking stitch.  The cardigan is for an easter present so I am doing it in white and embroidering the flowers in lemon and blue. I'll let you see it when it's finished ..... only just halfway up the back at the moment... so have got to get those needles clicking!

Goodbye for now
Fleur xx

3 comments:

  1. oooh that is pretty Fleur - perfect for getting in a spring mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this ... love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Those little flowers are so sweet, and your knitting is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete