Wednesday, 29 February 2012

009: Handmade is best!!

I was so excited this morning when a pink package came through my letterbox.  I love supporting 'handmade' so I had been waiting eagerly for this to arrive.

So what was in it?  Let's take a look........

Can you guess what it is yet?

It's a handmade bag from the very talented Hen from Henhouse (Hen House Blog).  Hen has the most beautiful blog which showcases her fantastic handmade quilts and her love for everything vintage.  I've been reading this blog for a couple of years and thoroughly enjoy reading about her latest makes and her regular trips to her West Country Cottage.  Have a read ... you will be hooked!

Do you want to have a closer look at the handbag?  I've chosen it for my Mum, with Mother's Day soon approaching it was the perfect spring gift.

It's a perfect size to carry over your shoulder but with its delicate and vintage style shaping it has a very stylish look about it ...I'm hoping my mum will love it.  It has a lovely lilac and pink striped lining and is beautifully made, Hen is a very talented lady. I really want to keep it myself now I've seen it!


Anyway, all this talk about handmade makes me think about my crafting progress this week.  As you know I've been working on an Easter Commission, a delicate little cardigan based on my Spring Basket Cardigan .  Knitted in the same Patons Cotton DK, it is in white and has the block design only on the edges of the bodice and sleeve, which are then hand embroidered with pretty blue and lemon flowers.  Here's work in progress:



I'll hopefully have it finished soon and will post the finished pictures.  So I'm off to do a bit more now........................

Goodbye for now
Fleur

3 comments:

  1. thanks for your sweet comments, i love the bag you've chosen for your mum - lovely spring colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cardigan is gorgeous!!! wish my knitting skills were that good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is such a pretty bag! Thanks for your comments over on my blog!.. yes do pop over and take a look at the cards, I will post out immediately so you have time to give to your mum! x

    ReplyDelete