Thursday, 1 March 2012

010: World Book Day

In honour of World Book Day I thought I'd talk about books today.  I love reading but with all my other passions (knitting & running)  I do wonder where I can find the time to actually read a book all the way through!  The Curly Wurlies have always got their heads in a book and I often envy them, oh to be young again and have all the time in the world to read!

This year I have been doing quite well, January saw me finish 'Solar' by Ian McEwan, although entertaining it wasn't my favourite book from this outstanding author, for me it didn't eclipse his poignant and moving novel 'On Chesil Beach'.

I found myself on a roll then, so I immediately revisited a classic 'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Bronte and, although I must have read this around five times since I first discovered it at the tender age of 14,  I devoured the book again as if it was a fresh new read.

2012 saw me promise to read the Millenium Series (see my New Year Resolution) so in February I started 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' and surprised myself by making the time to read it, so within a fortnight it was finished!  I have just started the second book in Stieg Larsson's trilogy 'The Girl who Played With Fire'.  Whether or not this reknewed enthusiasm for reading will continue only time will tell!

So what are you all reading on World Book Day?

1 comment:

  1. I have just finished the third book in that trilogy, a great read.

    ReplyDelete