Saturday, 7 April 2012

017: Disappointments.....


This has been a disappointing week .......... the main reason being is that I started with a really nasty cold and have felt under the weather all week.
 
I haven't been out for a run since Tuesday, and this was such a struggle trying to breathe that I cut it shorter than usual ...... disappointed!

I've had the knitting out but although I've managed to knit the two sleeves for my cherry cardigan I really haven't felt up to blocking and sewing it all together...... disappointed!

( Some knitters I know always feel that the sewing up is the quick job at the end, but I think that it is one of the most important aspects of the whole project.  Blocking the individual pieces really helps the overall appearance of the garment and ensures that it fits together perfectly.  Shoddy seaming is one of my pet hates, so I spend a lot of effort neatly seaming.  So this week I really did feel that my concentration wasn't 100% so I didn't attempt any sewing up as I didn't want to ruin the cardigan just to get it finished in a rush.)

I bought some daffodils for Easter a couple of days ago to cheer me up, they were tightly budded and were displayed in a bucket with a picture of beautiful golden daffodils.  Unfortunately they opened up to be a white frilly type of narcissus, which many people would love, but I wanted simple golden daffodils, cheery yellow daffodils, smiley nodding daffodils ....... disappointed!

Hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend, I'm hoping to get over this cold so that by Tuesday I'll be back out running as I have a 10k race next Sunday 15th April, so I need to get fit again!

Goodbye for now.
Fleur 

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your disappointing week. I agree with you on the daffodils, nothing quite so cheery as a simple, golden flower. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like simple daffodils too but these are very pretty too. Next time I'm sewing something together I'll think about what you've said about it being one of the most important parts. Have a lovely Easter! Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fleur, just read your last 2 posts, congratulations on coping in that heat the other week.I have a half marathon soon and my biggest worry is that it will be a hot day. Did an 11 mile training run today and the weather was perfect... cloud and a bit of a shower towards the end :0) I'm hoping to do it in about 2hrs 15mins so I think your slow run would be fast to me. I'm really happy to have found your craft/running posts.Perfect for me.
    Hope your cold goes away soon ...so frustrating.
    The Narsissi are very pretty and I expect they smell nice , but hard to tell with a cold !!
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I know how you feel. We have had a nasty cold here and just can't seem to shake it. I just did a quick vacuum and had to lie down for a bit just from that pathetic activity. I am miserable and both my sons have it too. Yuck! So much for a beautiful Easter!!!!! Hope you are better and that youcan run soon. Must be making you crazy!
    Happy Sunday,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon! Is the weather pretty in your part of the world? Maybe a nice walk would clear your head and make you better!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Bronwyn @ Queen B

    ReplyDelete
  6. i couldn't agree with you more about sewing up knitting. I saw a jumper the other day where the shoulders were just sewn any old way, although the knitting was beautiful, which was sad. It does take quite a while to sew up neatly, but worth it. Yes, the ordinary yellow daffodils are the best, it's lovely to see them along the roadside at this time of year.
    Hope you are feeling better, and back to your knitting, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better Fleur, but I wouldn't run unless you're really feeling better - you'll just end up with a poor 10k time and that won't cheer you up one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, doesn't sound like you've been having a good week. I do hope you feel better soon and start enjoying things more. I know how you feel though, feeling ill can really drag you down.

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :)

    Get well hugs to you xx

    Louise

    ReplyDelete