Tuesday, 19 June 2012

030: I love ONES and ZEROS!

I just love ones..............

                1         1         1        1         1        1

   
I just love zeros.....................

             0       0       0       0        0        0 

Put them together and what do you get????

  100   

100 Lovely Followers !

Oh I'm so excited that I have reached 100 followers - thank you everyone for following me....I hope you all enjoy reading my knitty knatty blog.

10,000

10,000 Page Views!

I can't believe that in four months my blog has attracted so many page views.  It blows me away everyday when I see how many people stop by and from such a variety of countries across the world....it's so nice to meet you all and I really love it when you leave me a comment.  As for reaching both these milestones I think I will have to celebrate with a giveaway .. so I'm going to put my thinking cap on and come up with something..watch this space!

Another exciting thing that has happened this week is receiving my very first blog award:

 

It's the Sunshine Blog Award and it has been awarded to me by Helen from Melbourne in Australia.  Her blog 'Twenty Six Minutes Past' can be found HERE.

Now many of you reading this have received blog awards already so I apologise in advance if I don't follow the correct etiquette!

I believe that I must mention the blogger who has given me this award, which I have done already and then I must answer ten questions and then nominate another ten bloggers who are worthy of the award.  So here goes..........

Favourite animal: I get most pleasure from watching the small birds that visit my garden every day, I love to see them each morning and one winter I had a robin who would sit on the shed looking at me everyday whilst I did the washing up.  Currently we have a woodpecker who sits in the tree at the end of the garden ...so that's great to see.
Favourite number: 41 - my current age, and contrary to any jokey remarks (particularly the Postie!) ....there is life in the old dog yet and I'm not over the hill! 
Favourite non alcoholic drink: After running I love a glass of cranberry juice (half fill the glass with juice) and then top up with cold water and ice.  So refreshing!
Facebook or Twitter: I'm just starting on Facebook ( will post about this soon) but don't use Twitter, I really don't understand how I would find the time to tweet as well as blog and post on facebook.  There again NEVER say NEVER!
My passion: I think you all know what I'm going to say here : Knitting & Running.  Knitting I've been enjoying since I was six years old, my Nanna taught me ... I knitted myself a cardigan when I was 10 much to the amazement of my junior school teacher when I wore my finished cardigan to school!  Running is something I took up later in life, I've been running for about four years now and I just love it ..... which is amazing as prior to running I was probably the most un-sporty person you could imagine.  I run on my own, socially with a running friend, with my other half (the Postie), with a running club and I try to do a variety of road and off-road races anything from 5ks to Half Marathons all year round.
Getting or giving: Definitely giving.  I love choosing gifts for people and am really trying to make a conscious effort to buy handmade.  Of course fabulous websites such as Folksy and Etsy have made this easier......I would definitely champion handmade gifts!  As for receiving I always feel awkward when people buy me gifts especially expensive ones ... I think this stems from having a birthday very near Christmas, I always felt so guilty everyone having to buy for my birthday when they had the expense of Christmas just round the corner ... and I suppose that feeling has stuck.
Favourite pattern: I have many patterns that I have knitted over and over through the years, but I would love to share my 'dream' patterns with you instead, those that I dream about starting if only I had the time!!  I am intent on starting a Ysolda shawl that I have been looking at - click HERE to view, I would love to knit this in either purple or teal.  I am also dreaming of Kate Davies' Betty Mouat Sweater - click HERE to view.  I would just love to do this pattern in black grey and beige. If you haven't seen any of Kate's work yet you must have a look at her blog HERE
Favourite day of the week: Friday .... nothing beats that 'Friday' feeling.
Favourite flower:  This seems to change with the seasons and what I see in other people's gardens around me.  Currently I am loving the large Oriental Poppies everywhere, especially the ones with large white petals and purple/black centres......I have vowed to have these in my garden next year.
Favourite country: Japan.   I have been lucky enough to have had two solo backpacking trips to Japan, and they were both out of this world trips!  The Japanese were some of the kindest people I have ever met, it was a very safe country to visit as a female traveling alone and I have such great memories ....just too many to list! If I won the lottery I would definitely love to have an extended holiday there again.


So now comes the difficult part, nominating ten blogs that bring me sunshine!  I have chosen the blogs that always make me feel happy and sunny when I visit and look at the beautiful colourful photos of their crafty projects, please click on them and have a look as it's always great to find new and inspiring blogs. 

LITTLE WOOLIE - Beautiful crochet projects 

TRULY MYRTLE - Knitting & Sewing Projects Galore

TEA AT WEASELS - Knitting, Crochet & Sewing - Something for everyone.

SEW SWEET VIOLET  - Delicate & Beautiful Sewing Projects ..not to be missed!

PLANET PENNY - Colourful Inspiring Crochet Projects

ACCORDING TO MATT - One of the most colourful craft sites in the universe!

DOTTY RED - Beautiful Sewing Projects 

HANDMADE BY MIA - Adorable Felted Projects

COZY THINGS - Knitting & Crochet Enthusiast - Infectious love of yarn!

and last of all, if you haven't visited this site...where have you been??

ATTIC 24 - The queen of colour!


I really hope you enjoy my choices and find at least one new blog to follow from them.....it's a wonderful world of  colourful and sunny crafters out there!


Hope you all have a wonderful and sunny week, here in Cheshire we are blessed with the sun shining brightly today.  A welcome change after all the rain we've had over the past few weeks.

Goodbye for now.
Fleur xx

 

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations and double congratulations Fleur!!! And, thank you :) May you have many many more visitors and knitterly fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you, and thank you so very much! I'm so inspired by all these lovely blogs. You guys are my people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on reaching 100 followers. And for getting the lovely award. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congrats on getting 100 followers! Here's to the next 100!!! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for stoppping by my blog, congrats on 100 followers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the nomination, Fleur, I feel very honoured! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, congratulations Fleur!..That's wonderful and so many page views too in such a short time...I'm not surprised of course, it's always lovely to visit you!
    Hope you are having a lovely week,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog always makes for a happy visit so i am in no way surprised x congratulations!

    It is lovely to learn more about you, i have never visited japan but would absolutely love to, one of my close friends is Japanese and i can totally vouch for them being so sweet and kind.

    thank you so much for passing the award my way...i am very touched....thank you x

    love jooles x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on having 100 followers! You have a lovely blog so I'm not surprised. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Fleur, this award, and here's to next 100 followers! And thank you so much for giving me this award, I'll blog my answers as soon as possible!

    Have a wonderful, sunny Midsummer and many happy greetings from Finland!

    Yours,
    Miaa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the award, Fleur. I really enjoy your blog and try to get to it everyday. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugest congratulations on those 1s and 0s. Very well deserved :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulation on yr award... I just found yr blog... I love yr projects. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your 100 followers and your blog award.
    I enjoyed reading your post.
    Most of all I love the photo of your poppy. It is a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on reaching 100 followers and on your first award - so well deserved!!!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your 100 followers and on your award too!! Well done! It was nice to read more about you too.
    Have a lovely week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on reaching 100 followers!! That's amazing. And way to go on the award too -- well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete