Saturday, 4 August 2012

033: As time goes by............


 'To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else'

The words of the American Poet Emily Dickinson resonate with me today.  I look at the calendar and can't quite believe we are already in August.  I look back at the last month and my previous post and wonder where the time has gone?  But I am not sad, it has been a busy time and many things have taken a back seat whilst I have been concentrating on family life, but life has been good!


So whilst I have been 'living'.......... time has ticked by, and a whole new room has been decorated in my new favourite colour.  Can you guess? 

DUCK EGG
So whilst I have been 'living'......... time has ticked by, and new pictures have been bought to go in my new duck egg room.  Inspired by all the 'Britishness' and 'London Love', I just couldn't resist these two prints from the London Transport Museum collection, click here to have a browse.  They were both London Underground Posters from 1936 and they carry on the duck egg theme perfectly.

Can you guess where this one is?



You've just got to guess this next one straight away!



So whilst I have been 'living'....... time has ticked by, and new fabric has been spotted, desired and finally bought.  The fabric is from Amy Butler's new collection and is called Deco Dots ..... so it will complement my 1930s Duck Egg Blue scheme perfectly.  As I have been so busy 'living' the fabric is still currently folded neatly ready for action, I hear it calling to me often ...... cut me, sew me!!!


So whilst I have been 'living' ....... time has ticked by, and I have to admit that not a lot of clicking has been heard in my household in recent days.  Every year around this time I seem to have a knitting lull but my fingers are itching to get back clicking again, and I know that although I've got at least three WIPs in various stages, I really must start with a new project.  What better to get me going again .......some new duck egg yarn.



So whilst I have been 'living'....... time has ticked by, and I have been a very good girl!  I've lost 9lbs in weight, just by cutting out the junk, and my fitness has really improved.  This year although I've been running a lot and entering races I've felt as though my fitness was being held back by my weight.  I can't believe what an improvement there has been in my times and stamina since shedding those excess pounds.  Last weekend I ran a 10 mile race, my race plan was to try and run 9 minute miles, hopefully finishing around the 1hr 30 mark, I was so pleased when I finally finished a few minutes quicker, and when I looked at my mile averages they were all under 9 minute mile-ing!  So afterwards I was allowed a little treat ....... my prize for completing the race, a bottle of 'Jogger's Tipple'!


Hope you all have a great weekend.  I'm especially looking forward to watching the Olympic Athletics, it does astound me how these fantastic athletes can run the same distances as me but in only half the time!!!!  Whatever 'living' you are up to this weekend, enjoy it.

Goodbye for now
Fleur xx

17 comments:

  1. Hello Fleur

    this is just a quickie although I'd like to linger and read more LOL

    Have you checked out my giveaway yet its open until Monday evening.

    Keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. Duck egg is also my favourite colour! I've been giving allsorts a lick of paint xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love duck egg too! Fab post! Congrats on your 9lb weight loss - I'm trying the same at the moment-trying to cut out the junk! Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love duck egg blue, it's one of my favourite colours!!
    Congrats on the weight loss, cutting out junk isn't easy to do, why does junk always taste so good!!
    Happy weekend Fleur,
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep, one of my favourite colours too! Lovely post and gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lover of Duck Egg here, it's probably my favourite colour :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color combinations of paint and fabric. Good for you on the wight loss and fitness. It's all very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that duck egg blue... especially the yarn and fabric. I used to be a runner too! Well done on an excellent 10m time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Duck egg blue - my office where I write my blog posts is that shade :)
    Love those posters too.

    What are you going to knit with the Siena?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love duck egg blue, and your posters will look perfect in your lovely new room. Gorgeous yarn and fabric too, so pretty.
    Have a great week ahead!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, I came across your blog via Gina's, we live in the same village and are friends. I also have a blog, Inky Fingers, do take a look! Duck egg blue is such a lovely colour; love the posters and yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. duck egg loveliness...very pretty
    have a super lovely weekend
    love jooles x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this gorgeous shade of blue, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Duck egg is one of my all time favourite colours Fleur...your room will look beautiful...such lovely yarn too!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete